Paul Alcock Bursaries – Project Funding Criteria
When funds are available Maidstone Leisure Trust invites applications for grants up to £1000, towards clubs, organisations and individuals who are either using Maidstone Leisure Centre or who operate in the Borough of Maidstone for sport and active leisure activities. The funds are being made available to existing or new, small-scale local community clubs and organisations whose activities support sporting and active leisure activities for the local community. Applications from individuals will also be considered. Applications for funding should fulfil the following criteria:
- Be formally constituted with a written constitution or set of rules and a dedicated bank account
- Be either users of Maidstone Leisure Centre or operating for the benefit of residents of Maidstone
- Be non -profit making
- Be set up for the benefit of specific community groups (eg under 5’s, disabled athletes, over 60’s etc)
- Have other sources of funding (either from grants, subscriptions or other sources)
Projects to be funded should :
- Be properly planned and costed
- Have clear and defined aims and objectives
- Be sustainable after the initial funding is used
- Benefit as many people as possible
- Demonstrate value for money
- Aim to improve access or participation in sport or active leisure activities for the target group(s)
- Be for or predominantly include residents of Maidstone or users of Maidstone Leisure Centre
Applications from individual sports people will be considered to meet the costs of, for example, the purchase of specialist equipment, training or other elements of outlay that are beyond their reasonable reach. Applications from individuals will generally have an upper limit of £500.
Applications should be in writing or electronic using the attached application form and additional sheet(s) as needed. This is an ongoing project with funding decisions being taken quarterly. The deadline for applications is the month end preceding each quarterly meeting in March, June, September and December.
NB: Applicants should be aware that:
- Bids may be for any amount up to a maximum of £1000 for clubs and organisations and £500 for individuals for any single application.
- Meeting some or all of the above criteria is a pre-requisite for funding to be agreed but does not in itself guarantee funding to be granted.
- All funding decisions are totally at the discretion of Maidstone Leisure Trust.
- Successful applicants may be required to participate in reasonable publicity activities in relation to these grants and/or other related activities and agreement to this is a condition of the funds being granted